Thank you for your interest in the Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine at the University of Washington.
In this section, you will find information on the following topics:
- Visiting 4th Year Students
- Diversity Visiting Student Program
- Medical Student Rotation Evaluation
- Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine Interest Group (OSSMIG)
If you have any questions, please contact our Medical Education Program Manager, Plinette Sanchez, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-744-4927.
Call Expectations for Clerkships in Seattle: Medical Students scheduled between the months of May and October will be expected to take overnight and weekend call.
UWSOM medical students, see link to Clerkship Policies: http://blogs.uw.edu/medevalu/clerkship-policies/
Standard 6 panel drug test through the UWSOM is required for the following courses:
- ORTHP 643 General Orthopaedics – Cody, WY
- ORTHP 650 General Orthopaedics – Billings, MT
- ORTHP 662 General Orthopaedics - Casper, WY
- ORTHP 668 Pediatric Orthopaedics – Spokane, WA
- ORTHP 688 Sports Medicine – Spokane, WA
UW School of Medicine Learning Environment Feedback Tool
UWSOM Learning Environment Feedback Tool: http://blogs.uw.edu/esom/learning-environment/
Reporting Mistreatment or a Serious Concern:
Students who wish to report mistreatment or a serious concern that doesn’t require immediate response are encouraged to use the Learning Environment Feedback Tool by clicking on the button below. In the tool, you will be able to provide a description of your concern and indicate your follow-up preference and how you would like your feedback shared. You will have the option of reporting completely anonymously and indicating how you want your identity and the identity of anyone else involved in the situation to be shared.